Stay up-to-date on FEATSAZ Educational Mixers, Event regulations, and more. Subscribe to our e-newsletter.
Festival & Events Workshop 2023
Dates: Friday, May 19, 2023 & Saturday, May 20, 2023
Risk Management and Marketing/Media Relations are critical for successful events & festivals. Attend this 2-day workshop led by IFEA professionals.
Friday, May 19th – Operations/Risks Management covers the key elements of site plan; insurance and risk management procedures; crowd control, security, and contingency plans; and the leadership role of operations personnel.
Saturday, May 20th – Marketing and Media Relations covers a working knowledge of marketing’s role in a festival or event; a basic outline for structure and organization of marketing and media relations planning; and working knowledge of media relations and tips and techniques to conduct full media relations efforts.
Select individual workshops or save by registering for the entire two days.
Register before May 1st and save $30 per registration using promo code EARLY.
For pricing and registration, visit the registration site.
FEATSAZ has many relevant panels in the planning stages. Stay tuned for updates on Educational mixers focused on:
*Social Media for your Event
*Growing Your Festival
*Recruiting Volunteers and Board Members
*AZ Special Event Liquor Laws
*Gaming at your Events: What You Need to Know
*Event Safety 101
*Security for Your Event
If you’re interested in being a Mixer host or sponsor, reach out to [email protected] Have expertise the Festival & Events community needs to know? Send us your information at [email protected]
The Metro Tucson Tourism Master Plan showcases how festivals and events collectively impact tourism in Tucson and Southern Arizona. Take a moment to download the plan at the link above and review the Culture section, beginning on page 48, which includes Events & Festivals.
- We are way proud of Tucson’s prestigious designation as a 2017 WORLD FESTIVALS AND EVENT CITY, bestowed by the International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA)!
- We are grateful to IFEA for this significant recognition for Tucson and also for choosing Tucson for the three years (2017, 2016, 2015) as the location of the international IFEA Annual Conference and Retreat.
- FEATSAZ also thanks Visit Tucson, the City of Tucson, Pima County, those who contributed to the development of the successful entry to IFEA, and to the many Tucson area festival industry professionals, suppliers, vendors, and volunteers for creating the diverse and wonderful festivals and special events that make Tucson special.
Here’s Tucson’s video submission:
Here’s the accompanying written entry (pdf):
Benefits of FEATSAZ Membership
- Networking opportunities with others in the festivals and events industry
- Promotional opportunities for products and services at mixers
- Industry education, including peer-to-peer Q & A, presented during monthly mixers
- Advocacy and event industry updates
- Discounted rates for seminars, conferences, and education mixers
- Priority social media promotion on FEATSAZ social media channels
- Access to the Facebook FEATSAZ ‘Members Only’ group
- Monthly Membership newsletter
- Listing on membership directory with hyperlink
- Annual opportunity to vote for FEATSAZ Board of Directors
- Opportunities to volunteer on committees within FEATSAZ
- Use of Membership logo on personal email signature
FEATSAZ is a membership association. Please visit our Membership page for more information: Become a FEATSAZ Member today!