Annual Meeting – Learn More about the City of Tucson’s Workforce Development and Special Events Grants program.
Amanda Bruno, Project Manager/Economic Initiatives with the City of Tucson will discuss the program and answer questions about the upcoming grant cycle.
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
119 E Toole Ave
5:30 – 7:00 pm
At our November Annual Meeting-Mixer, we heard about the Metro Tucson Tourism Master Plan and how festivals and events collectively impact tourism in Tucson and Southern Arizona and are featured in the plan as a strategic area of focus. Our thanks to Vanessa Bechtol from Visit Tucson for clearly describing this 10-year initiative and its potential for collaborative positive results and also to Tucson Marriott University Park in Main Gate Square for hosting us. Take a moment to download the plan at the link above and review the Culture section, beginning on page 48, which includes Events & Festivals.
- We thank the members and guests who attended our October Haunted Hayrides Fall Mixer, brought to you by Oro Valley Parks & Recreation, Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019, at Steam Pump Ranch.
- We are way proud of Tucson’s prestigious designation as a 2017 WORLD FESTIVALS AND EVENT CITY, bestowed by the International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA)!
- We are grateful to IFEA for this significant recognition for Tucson and also for choosing Tucson for the three years (2017, 2016, 2015) as the location of the international IFEA Annual Conference and Retreat.
- FEATSAZ also thanks Visit Tucson, the City of Tucson, Pima County, those who contributed to the development of the successful entry to IFEA, and to the many Tucson area festival industry professionals, suppliers, vendors, and volunteers for creating the diverse and wonderful festivals and special events that make Tucson special.
Here’s Tucson’s video submission:
Here’s the accompanying written entry (pdf):
Benefits of FEATSAZ Membership
- FEATsAZ & IFEA 2017 Annual Conference discounted registration fee
- Promotional Opportunities for Products and Services
- Access to the Membership Directory
- Member Rates to Seminars, Conferences, and Socials
- Advocacy, Legislative Monitoring
- Networking Opportunities targeted to this industry
- Peer to Peer Q & A
- Social Media Promotion
- Membership Logo to add to your email signature
FEATSAZ is a membership association. Please visit our Membership page for more information: Become a FEATSAZ Member today!